Sunday, October 17, 2010

Play ball!

As I'm sitting here, stalling to do homework that I (again) put off all weekend, working on a post from this weekend's activities, my son approaches me. He hands me an invisible ball and asks me to throw it to him...he's wearing a ball glove we got him at an Express game.

I toss the pretend ball to him (because he knows we don't throw the actual balls in the house) and he catches it. He throws it back, and before I can even pretend to catch it he tells me that I missed. Then, he runs behind the couch, gets it (I assume) and brings it back, informing me that it is his last ball, and I have to make sure I catch it so it doesn't get lost. Huh?

So, I laugh, and we keep playing. Then, he speed tosses me several balls, one right after the other, for about six or seven tosses. He informs me that he is now out of balls, "Okay, Mom, that's all that I've got." And so now I am instructed to start throwing them back to him...fast. I oblige him, because he's being adorable and it's fun. =)

He starts 'catching' them, in his glove at first, and then he cracks me up as he is fielding them from the ground! He rarely even watches the games on TV with us, and has only been to two Express games, so it cracks me up that he is so into this.

We used to think that he was going to be a football player, but it appears that his athletic interests may have changed. I can't wait until he's old enough for Little League!! =)

Guess I know what we'll be doing tomorrow...GO Rangers!

Until next time (or later),
peace, love, and the American past-time!

♥ S.

No comments:

Post a Comment