Saturday, October 23, 2010

Macaroni and peas, please?

After a fun evening at the park with some friends (both, for the socialization/play time and the ability/excuse to put of household duties for just a few more hours...) it became clear that cooking would most likely not happen in a 'June Cleaver' kind of way...

...so, macaroni and cheese (shells and cheese to be exact) and dino-shaped chicken nuggets it is. Yay for the "Dinner of the Year" award. Oh well.

Anywho. Z has been going through the word-play phase, where he interchanges letter sounds and messes around with words to see how they end up. He cracks himself up sometimes, and me as well. But, tonight, it almost did not bode well for him at all.

I'm busy slaving over the stove for this labor-intensive dinner when he comes sauntering in the kitchen, up to no good, I'm sure of it. He stands on his tippee-toes, trying to peer into the pot, without getting too close so as not to get burned. Then, he says the one sentence that could have potentially ruined his evening:

"I want some macaroni and and peas, please."

He has no idea that I'm in a rare mood...the mood to mess with him. *lol* Mean mommy moment coming up! =)

So, I go to the pantry and get a can of peas. (*note: he does not, I repeat NOT like peas...he's such his daddy's boy)

"NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want peas!!!"

But, I remind him that is what he said, 'macaroni and peas, please.' He is now looking at me like I am a complete and total brat; he is not amused, not in the least. He glares, sticks out his bottom lip, and cocks his hip off to the side with a little stamp of the foot:

"I do not want peas in my macaroni. Only CHEESE!"

I suppose next time he will be more careful with the words he plays around with.

I'm such a mean mommy! *lol* =)

'til next time...
peace, love, and peas =)

♥ S.

1 comment:

  1. BAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my goodness, that is priceless. Too funny - I can just see it now. Mmm, yep, that's a mental video I am definitely storing away for those moments when I need a good laugh ;)

    ReplyDelete