Sunday, October 10, 2010

Busy, much?

Wow...I don't know if 'busy' even gets the actual point across. I am trying to think of a word stronger than 'busy,' but it's all I've got. It could very well be the understatement of the year...

With a new semester always come new stressors. The classes this semester aren't actually all that bad, but they are just not very exciting. We have two classes that merged to one, one class they split up into two, and then an 'elective' (I use that term loosely...because doesn't the connotation of the word 'elective' insinuate that I have elected to take it, rather than being made to take it?) that is barely related to my specific degree. And, on top of that, they are not in sync with each other at all! Either that, or they think torture is entertaining. We had huge, group, Power Point presentations due in two of the classes in one week, we have observations in preschool and now they have decided that we need to mentor a child who doesn't speak English. There is entirely too much 'outside' work involved in this semester. I simply do not possess the time...

I should be working on something right now, as a matter of fact. I have midterms this week, observations to catch up on, plenty of reflecting to do (I swear, with all this 'reflecting,' my mind has become a mirror!), a portfolio to put together, a philosophy to write, and a degree audit to look over before a meeting with my adviser tomorrow to ensure that I can wrap all this up in time! ...and, I'm sure I'm missing something in there somewhere...

Wow. It's just as stressful to type as it is to live. =)

I'm sitting here, however, contemplating dinner and where to start on homework, researching some DIY projects that I'll be starting in November (more to come on that later!!), and all the while laughing at my three-year old who is reciting Disney's Monsters, Inc. because he's seen it more than 100 times in the past year. =) It's hilarious, and mildly-annoying, all at the same time. I try to focus on the hilarity, but sometimes, the play-by-play (because he recites on a delay...lol) can start to wear on you. And, I can almost guarantee that he'll ask to watch it again as soon as it's over. And, I will most likely oblige, because it is the only thing that will get him to sit still for more than 30-seconds. It doesn't keep him quiet, but at least he confines himself to the couch so I can get some stuff done. =)

There has been plenty going on around here outside of school...but it's been so long, it's going to take multiple posts to get caught up. I'd like to though. I had a visit from my mom, a visit from my sister (which included meeting my nephew for the first time!), P's grandmother came from Italy, my best friends from Oklahoma came down to visit twice(!!!)...I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

And then, of course, there are the projects that I'm about to start. I think they'll be therapeutic and stress-relieving. And, I love a good sense of accomplishment! =) I'll be handling them mostly myself, and they are by no means small projects!

I promise, there will be more on that later, though. That's going to be a step-by-step blogging experience...tracking my progress along the way. =)

As for now, I'm going to try to get dinner started, get homework underway, and get Z to stop saying, "You idiot!" over and over again. (Thanks, Disney...)

'Til next time, peace, love, & lots to do!
♥  S.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Oh Z...such a cutie. Aw, I miss y'all. I hear ya on the being entirely too busy part. I'm going out of my mind up here. Eesh! I'm super stoked for Christmas break, though - I'm coming to visit, get excited :) Looking forward to the DIY updates!! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If all goes as planned...they should be done by the time you get here! At least the BIG one! =)

    ReplyDelete