Thursday, May 27, 2010

The quest for "parking-lot cake"...

I swear, there is rarely a dull moment at my job. This Tuesday proved to be no different. =)

We had a pot-luck at work as a team-building activity. It was technically a meat loaf cook-off, but those who didn't make meat loaf brought the other dishes to go with it...including dessert.

One of the women made a pineapple upside-down cake, but she accidentally left it in her car, and her boyfriend took it to work with him. He's an electrician and is working at a new business complex. She sent me to get it from him in her car. However, he had to leave the site for a while. So, he gave some of the vaguest directions I have ever received in my entire life, and told me he'd leave it somewhere in the parking lot of this complex he was working at. The directions were as follows:


Turn right on *name here* road and take the first right a half-block after the railroad tracks.

The vagueness comes from the fact that I was not given a main entry point to said road, and there are at least three major ways to get there. It took me thirty minutes to finally find what they were talking about. And, when I finally found the complex, there it was: pineapple upside-down cake sitting on the stoop of an unfinished building. Hilarious.

So, yes, technically it wasn't in the actual parking lot, but it was close enough. I just couldn't help myself, I had to take a picture of it. =)

So, that's the story. Who knows what the next ridiculous escapade at work will involve!

'Til next time!
Peace, love, and parking-lot goodies!!

♥ S.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love your life!! Such priceless happenings - now forever immortalized in the world of the interwebs!

    ReplyDelete