Monday, June 6, 2011

All the comforts of home...but, not really...

{{I have so much to put out, and not enough hours in the day to finish a post. *le sigh* I have about four unfinished drafts here on my blogger account, and nearly double that in notes on my iPhone. So much to say, so little time to say it in. =) }}

I miss my laptop. Those were the days...sitting on the couch, half watching t.v., half working on homework and half posting a blog. {{wait, was that three halves? something's not quite right there...hehe}} Sitting at the desktop isn't nearly as relaxing and takes away from some of the therapeutic qualities of blogging. I can't get comfortable, my legs are falling asleep (as is my rear), my back aches, my shoulders get tense...

Who wants to voluntarily put themselves through that? Sheesh...

You can tell it is used mostly by a college student:
stickies on the monitor, homework on my "extra" desk...
It doesn't help that we don't have a computer desk. Our "quantity (of dollars) over quality" piece of crap furniture from Wal-Mart finally became a bigger hassle than it was worth and we had to chuck it. (Well, we started to chuck it, and then somehow it wound up in the ginormous, useless area of extra space in my bedroom, and now it collects papers, trash, bills and dust. Fantabulous.) Of course, we've had it for nearly seven years, but it was press-board and aluminum...it was bound to give way sooner or later.

And, we have yet to formally replace it. We aren't sure where we would put a computer desk at the moment and when we buy a new one, we want it to be a nice, permanent one. So, for the time being, Our computer is set up on a cheap affordable, wooden tray table behind the couch, and we use a hard, wooden dining room chair with it.

What's even better is, that when I do have to actually do homework at the computer at home, I have to pull up another cheap affordable, wooden tray table to set next to it so that I have a place for books, papers, and writing. Ah, the life of a college student.

Until next time,
peace, love, and comfort!

♥ S.

No comments:

Post a Comment